SALINE COUNTY (5-13) – Construction to widen Interstate 30 to six lanes in Saline County requires weekend overnight closures of Highway 67/229 below the I-30 bridge, according to Arkansas Department of Transportation (ARDOT) officials.
Weather permitting, crews will close Hwy. 67/229 below I-30 at Haskell Exit 114, between the Frontage Road north of I-30 and Pawnee Drive during weekend overnight hours:
- Friday night, May 14 | 11:59 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Saturday night, May 15 | 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Sunday night, May 16 | 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Crews will be demolishing the existing I-30 westbound bridge. Traffic detours will be in place. See attached detour map NR 21-125-A.
- Hwy. 67/229 northbound (from Haskell) to I-30 westbound or to continue on Hwy. 229: Take I-30 East to Exit 116 and return to I-30 West via the South Street Bridge. The detour is approximately 5 miles and 7 minutes.
- Hwy. 229 southbound to I-30 eastbound or to continue on Hwy. 67/229 (toward Haskell): Take I-30 West to Exit 106 and return to I-30 East using the overpass. The detour is approximately 15 miles and 20 minutes.
- I-30 westbound to Hwy. 67/229 southbound (toward Haskell): Continue on I-30 West to Exit 106 and return to I-30 East using the overpass. Take Exit 114. The detour is approximately 15 miles and 20 minutes.
- I-30 eastbound to Hwy. 229 northbound: Continue on I-30 East to Exit 116 and return to I-30 West via the South Street Bridge. Take Exit 114. The detour is approximately 5 miles and 7 minutes.
Traffic will be controlled with construction barricades, traffic barrels and signage. The public is advised to be cautious when traveling in the work zone and watch for slower traffic speeds. Areas adjacent to the Interstate may experience noise impacts during nighttime hours.
This project (Job CA0601) is part of ARDOT’s Connecting Arkansas Program and includes widening 5.5 miles of Interstate 30 to three lanes in each direction, from the interchange with U.S. Highway 70 (Exit 111) to Sevier Street in Benton (Exit 116). The project also includes improvements at the Highway 67 interchange (Exit 114). More information on this $187.3 million project is available at ConnectingArkansasProgram.com.
Drivers should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all highway work zones. Additional travel information can be found at IDriveArkansas.com or ARDOT.gov. You can also follow us on Twitter @IDriveArkansas for traffic and @myARDOT for everything else.
Contact: Krista Sides
May 20, 2021