PULASKI COUNTY | September 16, 2022
Work on Interstate 30 in Little Rock and North Little Rock involves weekly lane closures.
Weather permitting, the following travel impacts are expected to occur next week, beginning Monday, September 19. Double-lane closures on interstate lanes will generally be limited to 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Traffic will be controlled by construction barrels and signage. Drivers should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all work zones.
Phase 3 River Bridge Traffic Shift (Friday, September 16)
The westbound traffic shift onto the new river bridge will take place between 10 p.m. Friday evening, September 16 and noon on Saturday, September 17. Various westbound entrance and exit ramps will be impacted during this stage.
This traffic switch is the third and final phase to move I-30 traffic onto the new river bridge. The following traffic pattern changes are included in this third phase. See map NR 22-199-C for additional details.
- I-30 westbound traffic will move from its existing alignment onto the new river bridge.
- In North Little Rock, the westbound on-ramp at Broadway Street will temporarily close and a new temporary ramp will open at Bishop Lindsey Avenue. To access I-30 westbound from North Little Rock, all traffic will take the northbound frontage road to the Texas U-Turn at Bishop Lindsey Avenue and the new on-ramp. See map NR 22-218-A for additional information.
- In Little Rock, westbound exit ramps at 2nd and 6th streets will close and a new temporary exit ramp will open at 9th Street. To access downtown Little Rock from I-30 westbound, traffic will take the new exit ramp at 9th Street and use the northbound frontage road. See map NR 22-218-B for additional information.
Daytime closures (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- · I-30 frontage roads (single-lane closures) between 4th and 10th streets in Little Rock (6:30 a.m. start time)
- Broadway Street eastbound (single-lane closure) between the frontage roads in North Little Rock (9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
Overnight closures (8 p.m. – 5 a.m.)
- I-30 (single and double-lane closures) between Roosevelt Road in Little Rock and I-40 in North Little Rock; includes a single-lane closure on I-30 eastbound to the I-630 westbound ramp
- I-630 westbound on-ramp (full closure) between College Street at 15th Street and the Pedestrian Bridge in Little Rock
- I-30/I-40 lanes and ramps (single-lane closures) at the north terminal in North Little Rock
- I-30 frontage road (single-lane closure) between 4th and 10th Streets in Little Rock (6 p.m. start time)
- I-630 eastbound ramp to I-30 eastbound (full closure) in Little Rock; ramp detour signed to exit to northbound frontage road
- Broadway Street eastbound (single-lane closure) between the frontage roads in North Little Rock (11 p.m. start time)
- Mahlon Martin (full closure) between President Clinton Avenue and 3rd Street in Little Rock; detours signed
- 6th Street bridge (full closure) for reconstruction in Little Rock; detours signed to use the 9th Street bridge or 3rd Street
- Sherman Street (full closure) between President Clinton Avenue and 2nd Street in Little Rock; detour signed to use River Market Avenue
- President Clinton (full closure) between Dean Kumpuris and Sherman Street in Little Rock; detour signed to use 3rd Street
Contact: Ellen Coulter
September 16, 2022