To effectively and efficiently provide interdisciplinary support and assistance to ensure compliance with environmental laws, regulations, and policies in the planning, construction, and operation of a safe, efficient, and environmentally sensitive intermodal transportation system. 

Comments and Concerns

If you would like to send comments, suggestions, or request information relating to ARDOT Stormwater Program, please send an e-mail, or contact the Natural Resources Section at 501.569.2522. ARDOT Environmental Division is the point of contact for concerns regarding suspected stormwater violations on ARDOT right of way. These include such things as illegal dumping of material into a storm drain or ditch, illegal discharges of sewage or other material through pipes, or sediment leaving a construction site during rain events. ARDOT will respond to all concerns either by performing its own investigation or by referring the matter to the appropriate regulatory entity for action.

NOTE: If the incident is a large hazardous material or petroleum discharge that you believe poses an imminent threat to human health or the environment, notify 911 immediately, or contact the Arkansas Department of Energy and Environment, Division of Environmental Quality (DEQ) at 1.800.322.4012.

The office is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to respond to these and other emergency conditions. You may file your complaint online or via phone, fax, or mail. In order for us to address the problem, you must supply us with enough information to identify and locate the problem you are reporting. We ask for as detailed a description as possible of the problem and information about its location (address, driving directions, etc.) so we can locate it.

We also ask for information about the entity responsible for the violation, if you know it. These items are not required but can speed up the investigation process. We ask for your name and contact information so that we can contact you in case we need more information in order to investigate your complaint and to provide information to you on the results. You do not have to identify yourself and we will not make any effort to obtain identifying information about you. You may remain totally anonymous if you choose, and we will still investigate your complaint as thoroughly as possible. (Please refer to ARDOT’s Privacy Statement)

Your concern may be filed with our Environmental Division in one of the following ways: by telephone 501.569.2522; by fax 501.569.2009; or by mailing it to the address on the form.

ARDOT Stormwater Complaint Form

Please fill in the following information about your complaint.

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Name of the individual company, business, or government entity responsible for the violation.
  • Address of the individual company, business, or government entity responsible for the violation.
  • Phone number of the individual company, business, or government entity responsible for the violation.