The Traffic Incident Management (TIM) program removes incidents from Arkansas’ highways and restores normal travel operations as safely and quickly as possible. ARDOT partners with multiple agencies to:
- Enhance responder safety
- Enhance the safe and quick clearance of traffic incidents
- Reduce the risk of secondary crashes
- Support the economic vitality of Arkansas by minimizing delay
- Save Lives – Traffic incidents are the leading cause of death for law enforcement and EMS responders in the US, and results in multiple fatalities due to secondary crashes every year in Arkansas.
- Save Time – Every minute a freeway lane is blocked can result in 4 minutes of delay.
- Save Money – Less time spent in backups, fewer secondary crashes, fewer responder injuries, and fewer insurance claims all result in lowering costs for responder agencies, businesses, and the motoring public.
|2021 Q1||2021 Q2||2021 Q3|
|2020 Q1||2020 Q2||2020 Q3||2020 Q4|
|2019 Q1||2019 Q2||2019 Q3||2019 Q4|
|2018 Q1||2018 Q2||2018 Q3||2018 Q4|
National TIM Responder Training
ARDOT and other TIM partners offer TIM training that are FREE to responders and other appropriate personnel.
Who does TIM?
- Law Enforcement
- Fire / Rescue
- Emergency Medical Services
- Towing and Recovery
- Highway / Transportation
What to know about the FREE training
- This 4-hour course is developed by FHWA
- Trainers are FHWA certified
- Endorsed by the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC), the International Association of Directors of Law Enforcement Standards and Training (IADLEST), and the Towing and Recovery Association of America (TRAA)
- Free Online Training Option Available Here
Contact to learn more about TIM Training:
Eddie Tanner, Section Head – Workforce Development firstname.lastname@example.org 501-569-2236
1Lt. Brad Perkins, Arkansas Highway Police email@example.com 501-569-2682