Arkansas Motor Fuel Laws
- Require a motor fuel license to import fuel into the State or to export fuel out of the State.
- Require any load of fuel being imported or exported to be accompanied by an Import/Export Load Permit.
- Registered Diversions are NOT accepted in place of an Import/Export Permit.
- The only exception to the Import/Export Permit requirement is if a truck traveling “through” Arkansas to deliver a product to another State.
- Gasoline laws are covered in Arkansas Code §26-55-101 through §26-55-1202.
- Diesel laws are covered in Arkansas Code §26-56-101 through §26-56-602.
If you have any questions regarding Motor Fuel Import/Export permits, please contact:
Arkansas Department of Transportation
Internal Audit Division
Attention: Brooke Shelnutt
PO Box 2261
Little Rock, AR 72203-2261
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday