Special Permit

Special Permit

A Special Permit is issued for work on the Arkansas Department of Transportation right of way that is not an Access Driveway.

Examples of a Special Permit include, but are not limited to, the construction of a sidewalk on the right of way, placing fill on the right of way, removing soil from the right of way, or mowing the right of way.

A Special Permit may or may not require a bond deposit to guarantee the proper restoration of the right of way.

The permit is issued by the Permit Officer for the District in which the special permit is requested. The names and telephone numbers for the Permit Officers for each District may be found by clicking the Permit Officers link below.

Bond Form

Standard Drawings

Permit Officers