Arkansas Motor Fuel Laws
- Require a motor fuel license to import fuel into the state or to export fuel out of the state.
- Require any load of fuel being imported or exported to be accompanied by an Import/Export Load Permit.
- The only exception to the Import/Export Permit requirement is if a truck is traveling ‘through’ Arkansas to deliver a product to another state.
- Gasoline laws are covered in Arkansas Code §26-55-101 through §26-55-1202.
- Diesel laws are covered in Arkansas Code §26-56-101 through §26-56-602.
- Click here to order Motor Fuel Import/Export permits.
If you have questions regarding Motor Fuel Import/Export permits, please contact:
Arkansas Department of Transportation
Internal Audit Division
Attention: Kelly Heaton
P.O. Box 2261
Little Rock, AR 72203-2261
Phone: (800) 451-2782
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday